Located in Taikkyi Township of Yangon Division.
Year of Establishment
Established in 1986.
Yangon to Pa-lon, 60 miles by car, Pa-lon to Kwan Ti Myaung, unmetalled road 8 miles, and Kwan Ti Myaung to Myaing Hay Wun, forest road 4.5 miles.
To develop and promote from Elephant Nursing Camp to Myaing Hay Wun Elephant Research Camp.
Elephant, Gaur, Banteng, Barking deer. Wild boar, Hear Wild cat, Green Peafowl, Ruddy sheld duck, Hill myna, Blossom-headed parajeet, pheasant, Red jungle fowl, Quail, Dove, Duck, lesser tree duck, Butterflies, Moths, Snaker, Monitar lizard, Groung lizard, Grass lizard and Chameleon are present.
Conservation, Development and Research Programmes
- Research on Elephant Artificial Inseminaion (EAI)
- Increasing elephant population by Elephant Artificial Insemination (EAI) method.
- Study reporduction of female elephant by feeding food additives.
Opportunities for Study and Recreation
- Study of fishes and aquatic creatures in La-har-ma-nge fishpond and recreation by fishing.
- Viewing of pyinkadoe plantation situated near Sinte and listening to the sound of birds.
- Hiking and mountaineering in the forest.
- Observing training of domestic elephants.
- Elephants riding around the camp
- Study of the capture of wild elephants.